What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? D_zpsf669a61b
What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? D_zpsf669a61b
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Gamers and Anime Lovers out there! This place is for you! Registry now!

HomeGNLL Yeah!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?

Go down 
+3
ufcbballplaya4
witchking
protoman527799
7 posters
AuthorMessage
protoman527799
Nooblet
Nooblet
protoman527799

Cents : 103

What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Empty
PostSubject: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:36 am

I know shonen manga is 13 and up generally, but the manga's are usually a lot more brutal than the tv shows. Do the demographics differ between and manga and anime? I do believe the Naruto anime is supposed to be more of a family show, but most of it would go over younger kids heads and it does get disturbing and brutal as any live action adult american show would. So what would you say the demographic of both the manga and anime are? I'd say the manga is at this point 15-21 mostly while the anime is mostly trying to appeal to 12-17 -up, well because Naruto did start at 12, but the overall story is still very much complex and won't be fully understood by its younger demographic.
Back to top Go down
witchking
Nooblet
Nooblet
witchking

Cents : 108

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:39 am

Naruto is directed at Pre-teens in Japan in both Anime and Manga.

The manga gets away with more violence because it's in black and white so the blood essentially censors itself.

(Because in anime blood is often censored by coloring it black. See the immortals arc for example. )
Back to top Go down
ufcbballplaya4
Nooblet
Nooblet
ufcbballplaya4

Cents : 119

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 am

witchking wrote:

The manga gets away with more violence because it's in black and white so the blood essentially censors itself.

(Because in anime blood is often censored by coloring it black. See the immortals arc for example. )

But the characters as well as the tone and complexity of the story grows with the ages of the characters, Naruto stops being a pre-teen in part 2 and we get heavy into political issues with Anbu, Root, Danzo, the genocide of the Uchiha, the morality surrounding war and what it means to fight etc. I think Naruto started out being for 12-14 but I think the demographic has expanded to include 15-17 year olds in the main demo because all the characters, including new ones introduced like Suigetsu and Karin, all come in at the older teenage years. So I think really at this point its mostly 13-17 demographic. And the blood in the manga is black but so is everything else, so in your mind you see it as red and its just as disturbing. At least for me it is. Knowing Obito was standing in a pool of slaughtered mangled ninjas raining blood was very disturbing to me, and I doubt they'll have it in the anime.
Back to top Go down
AnimeLady
Nooblet
Nooblet
AnimeLady

Cents : 52

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 am

Well here's One Piece demographic for reference, don't think it would be too far fetched to consider Naruto's to be somewhat similar.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RequiemsNightmare101
Nooblet
Nooblet
RequiemsNightmare101

Cents : 61

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:36 am

AnimeLady wrote:
Well here's One Piece demographic for reference, don't think it would be too far fetched to consider Naruto's to be somewhat similar.

Spoiler:

Well then, I think they should start marketing dis meow to adults a lot more :/
Back to top Go down
BattleDON
Nooblet
Nooblet
BattleDON

Cents : 80

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 am

ufcbballplaya4 wrote:
witchking wrote:

But the characters as well as the tone and complexity of the story grows with the ages of the characters, Naruto stops being a pre-teen in part 2 and we get heavy into political issues with Anbu, Root, Danzo, the genocide of the Uchiha, the morality surrounding war and what it means to fight etc. I think Naruto started out being for 12-14 but I think the demographic has expanded to include 15-17 year olds in the main demo because all the characters, including new ones introduced like Suigetsu and Karin, all come in at the older teenage years. So I think really at this point its mostly 13-17 demographic. And the blood in the manga is black but so is everything else, so in your mind you see it as red and its just as disturbing. At least for me it is. Knowing Obito was standing in a pool of slaughtered mangled ninjas raining blood was very disturbing to me, and I doubt they'll have it in the anime.

I agree with you.

maybe japnese teens are more mature ?
Back to top Go down
AlphaAngel
Nooblet
Nooblet
AlphaAngel

Cents : 93

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:57 am

I say pre-teen since I started liking Naruto when I was 13.   rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?   What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the demographic of Naruto in Japan?
Page 1 of 1