Best Pink Floyd solo album? D_zpsf669a61b
Best Pink Floyd solo album? D_zpsf669a61b
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all Gamers and Anime Lovers out there! This place is for you! Registry now!

HomeGNLL Yeah!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Pink Floyd solo album?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ufcbballplaya4
Nooblet
Nooblet
ufcbballplaya4

Cents : 119

Best Pink Floyd solo album? Empty
PostSubject: Best Pink Floyd solo album?   Best Pink Floyd solo album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 am

Which member of Pink Floyd had the best solo album(s)?

My choice is Waters with Amused To Death I love this album, so well done in every way:

(I think the live version of "Amused To Death" (song) is slightly better than the studio version)

With The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking coming in at a close se
Back to top Go down
RequiemsNightmare101
Nooblet
Nooblet
RequiemsNightmare101

Cents : 61

PostSubject: Re: Best Pink Floyd solo album?   Best Pink Floyd solo album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:31 am

Should there really be a thread for only the members of Pink Floyd? Wouldn't it have been better with a general 'Solo artist' thread?
Back to top Go down
protoman527799
Nooblet
Nooblet
protoman527799

Cents : 103

PostSubject: Re: Best Pink Floyd solo album?   Best Pink Floyd solo album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:33 am

Ah ha! Excellent, EXCELLENT topic you have here. Don't forget Nick Mason and the late Richard Wright as well as Syd Barrett ALL had solo albums along with David Gilmour and Roger Waters. For me, probably unable to pick a favorite, the graphic for In The Flesh is not Amused to Death, which is much older, but Roger's live tour at the time, As PF was basically calling it quits as a band without Roger Waters, Roger's solo tour and attention blew up from where it had been in the 1980s and 90s. He complained vocally about the lack of attendance, say, on his Radio KAOS tour, of which I regret missing but only due to transport and finances. I really wanted to see Roger live even then. For a short time in the 80s, he toured Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking with Eric Clapton who has performed on the album. Jeff Beck on Amused to Death. David Gilmour has three solo albums to chose from, and Nick and Rick have two basically.

Mason recorded with 10CC guitarist Rick Fenn, and it's a really great album as well.

You mention the 1983 album The Final Cut, given how Pink Floyd were so fractured at that point, you can be forgiven for referring to it in solo context. Mason didn't even do all the drums, Andy Newmark filled in toward the end, quite literally.

I find all of it just as important to me as Pink Floyd collectively. Syd's work when he was at least making an effort, Nick Mason's solo work is the most disjointed from what you expect from PF, and Rick Wright's solo material is loosely associated, but Dave and Roger sound like what you could expect from PF, that's why Dave, Nick and Rick were able to resume the band without Waters and make it a commercial success.

Love David Gilmour, but I think Roger's input is vitally important, he demanded too much control ultimately, so as a solo artist he can better express himself
Back to top Go down
ufcbballplaya4
Nooblet
Nooblet
ufcbballplaya4

Cents : 119

PostSubject: Re: Best Pink Floyd solo album?   Best Pink Floyd solo album? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:35 am

RequiemsNightmare101 wrote:
Should there really be a thread for only the members of Pink Floyd? Wouldn't it have been better with a general 'Solo artist' thread?

No, you can make your own thread if you want though. I wanted to discuss Pink Floyd members' solo albums and which ones were better than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Pink Floyd solo album?   Best Pink Floyd solo album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Pink Floyd solo album?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hobbies and Interest :: Music Mania-
Jump to: